Monday, June 20, 2011

A normal day at the age of 9, 16 and 25

Yesterday, while returning from native to Bangalore, I came across a thought – “How much did I change in years? What changes did came across in my day-to-day life?”. I found something really fascinating, I am still living my old life!!

I don’t remember much about myself during the period I could enter my age in single digit column. I was shyest person around. I still remember the day, when I was 4-5, while all kids around me were involved in playing the game of picking the chocolates from the floor, I was happy to hold my mom’s sari tip.

Let me share my daily life schedule of my life after that age from where memories flows easily.

Day’s Start

Whatever my age me, I woke always between 6:00-7:00. When I was of 9 years, I woke up at 6:15, went to church and will go through all the home works for the day in less than 30 minutes before starting to school at 8:45. During my +1, at the age of 16, day was almost same – wake by 6:15, go for tuition at 6:45, and to classes. But after tagging myself as “Software Engineer”, I have the flexibility to sleep till 8-30 or even 9, but I am not so(atleast not on weekdays). After half an hour of alarm at 6:30, I will wake by 7:00. Just like in my school days, I will just go through some pending tasks of last day before starting to office at 8:45. I found it more or less I am still following same routine and decided to go ahead.

Working Hours



For any reason, I hate people waiting for me or myself waiting for others. So be at school or at office I will reach in time. Till this day of life, my working hours starts before 9:30. And always I had a break at 11 for a tea with even hotter rumors. Best part of at school or workplace is always lunch time. The sports- break is something I still enjoy, though the sports evolved from Football in open-ground at 9 years, to Volleyball in classroom at 16 years, to Table-Tennis at terrace 25. I am bit scared about is my next playground, as it has always moved up from ground to Terrace!!

But the working hours is something which always stretched - From 4PM(during schools) to 4.45PM(during +2) to “UNKNOWN”. “UNKNOWN” is again the privilege you get as a Software Engineer, which I won’t miss even if I want to.


Back home

When you are staying with parent the best part is when you return from school – SNACKS. I badly miss those days. But after evening snacks, it’s time for entertainments. It was cricket with brother when I was young, then with kids around and even now it’s the same old cricket – and my teammates are of still of the age 10 . If second option for relaxation came up, it was TV before teenage replaced with Laptop and FaceBook are for later part of my life.


Dishearten hours comes now – homework time. It doesn’t matter when I returned from school or office; I am supposed to spend some time at home. To make it simple, I will sleep 30minutes after completing my home works. During school days, I could finish my work in 1 hour, so slept at 7pm (trust me, it’s true). I rarely saw 10pm even during my 10th standard. Scene changed finally in recent past, the bed-time has now has shifted to 12-1am on weekdays. Atlast, end of my day has changed in years



Yeah, my life has changed in years. But I am still living my old routine only to labelled as “Boring Programmer” by a colleague of mine!!

2 comments:

  1. U improved a lot from age 9 to 16 to 25.
    The best was you studied how to love.
    Now your playground is at terrace
    And For love yours will be on sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn to look at the future,but otherwise nicely written..

    ReplyDelete