Thursday, June 30, 2011

No chicken @ KFC, Matty is still happy

It was a usual day till 6pm with usual Software Engineering works with lots of discussions and little conclusions (but thankfully we had some decision today). Around 6, I got a call from one of my friends, Shashi (name changed to suit the situation) asking for a movie. But I was not in a mood, so we compromised with KFC. I got back to work and when I was about to leave at 7, Matty(name changed) pinged me and to check my dinner plan. If I mention about Matty, he is the laziest man among my friends circle, who is happy to spend all his weekends sleeping at room, who wont go for a treat at best restaurant which is even 1km away just because he has to travel. Matty readily decided to join us.

From the time we reached KFC, Shashi and I found something fishy, Matty who always dies for chicken, doesnot want chicken today!! Then why did he come to KFC!!! to have some veg!! no way!! With our buckets we started off with usual stuffs before Matty started revealing. Though he is just 25, he has an active account in a Matrimonial Site for 4 months or so. He has got a couple of proposals as well. Then he started details of each proposal. One was from my hometown and other from his home town. He gave a brief about both of them like both having fathers abroad, completed engineering and so on.

The moment he started describing about the girl from his home town, Santro(I dont know her actual name, bt my guess is very close), he was getting pale, shy and a mix of many other emotions. Then he started to focus too much on the Santro, I just shot a random question - "Did u know know her before?". After initial denial he gave up. Now story is getting more closer, her bro is his long time friend, Matty has sent a request in matrimonial site to Santro and her brother has contacted him through Facebook. But Santro dint want a guy from IT field. After 4-6weeks, Matty and Santro met near St.Thomas' statue after Sunday Mass, but dint even talk. Before lunch of same day, his request in matrimonial site was accepted. Matty is more and more interested in narrating.

Its was Shashi's turn now, "You liked her before, right?". Matty was not able to withstand. Whoa!! Stories are getting even fascinating. I just had a spontaneous "for how long?". Matty was straight forward, "for last 10 years or so"!! Holy c***!!! Ten years back means, he is of 15 and she is of 12 - she is in 7th standard!! I dont even remember any of my junior girls even at college, which is less than 3 years history. Then why did he propose Emy(again name changed) 2 years back, if he loved someone for last 8 years??

Matty went on with narration, Santro's family has enquired about him a lot among his friends, and ultimate level of workplace from his Product Manager. Santro bro told Matty, all his family is family is up with a green flag, but Dad has to confirm. And her dad will be coming in July for 35 days leave. It was Matty's indirect message, "Kids, be prepared for my engagement next month".

Shashi and me, we have something common among us in last May. Shashi was interested in a girl but she flew back to her native town in May. During the same month, I got rejected by a girl on proposing. Now this friend, who has made us believe us he was in our league after he too had lost Emy, is getting married to a girl whom he loved from the time he knew what is love.

The guy who was getting now emotion was Shashi. I have never seen him that desp. According to Shashi, Matty had started planning his life from the age of 15, he found  a girl 3 years younger to him.. nearby but 2kms apart.. once she registered in matrimonial site, he paid 3k and registered himself and send interest to her. Unlike most arranged marriage where parents find the girl, he has done everything. Why werent I interest in my super-juniors while I was in school. I could not answer to Shashi.

All I can say now is, "Matty, we will meet for your engagement. Best wishes!!"

(PS: All characters are 100% existing, so please dont reveal identity of anyone while commenting)

1 comment:

  1. Great dudee....!! im also now in your leaguee.....
    Thats ok we will enjoy our life....... :D
    Freeedddddommmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete