Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hunger Civilized Man


It has been long time since writing something other than code and some signing some official papers. The though of writing a blog has been In my mind for a while but could not think of anything and even ended had to scrap after writing one. My brain works best when I am alone – bath, walk to office and best of all sleep. There were even nights on which I woke up in the middle of night to do work as I came across some solution.

This time bathing time helped me to get something to write. Long back - back to school days – the first things on which I have written ever for myself was on HUNGER. Though I don’t have the copy of that, I would like to recollect that one and how I feel now on the same. 

Man and his Past

In the beginning of man history, I could consider human as no different from some stray dogs we see around every day. All it has to think of fight for its food and sleep somewhere where rain never hit them. Human should not be much different from them either. Wandering through forest eating what ever they got – may be from vegetarian, may be meat, may be I don’t know. Might be human, being social animal, should have stayed together and remained in the same place as long as they had hunger was overcame. At some point of time or other, they might have wanted to remain in some place and remain in the same place longer. That could be the beginning of cultivation. I cant even give a possible reason how they knew rice or wheat was for main-course which has to be cooked compared to fruits and vegetables.

Obviously if you decide to stay in a place long and grow your own food, the second basic need of man also needs a betterment. Caves wont be anymore enough. A better place to stay and more importantly to store your food was inevitable. And human started with the construction – starting with easy wood -palms to later mud-clay to more and more. This should have civilized people much more. Just like any organization of 10 people not needing rules but as it becomes bigger rules and laws are inevitable. The hierarchy comes in. Distribution of work comes in. This settled life has brought in the virtues and vice. But resulted man in making lazy not to travel anymore or and killed the love for adventure.

Once started to settle down and doing farm, the life was much easier. He was less bothered about food or shelter. He started discovering and inventing things. Religions, industrialization and now digitization have taken up the world over the years.

And Now

I would like at it as, hunger being the base reason for his development. But most people on earth doesn’t spend their time to feed their hunger or any of his basic needs. I don’t even spend 20% of my salary on food, so would be most of the middle-class or better family. And we don’t our hunger, its more of obsession towards food. If not, all these restaurants, KFCs, McDs would have risen up. Then it was scarcity of food but sharing mentality and now its other way.

And most people live our social-status not life. They don’t know why they do what they do it. I am also belonging to same group of humans, but neither will me nor do you change. Because we love comfort. Because we love comfort.


(I feel after writing the whole of this, it was bit boring. Sorry for those who felt the same )

3 comments: